Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Laika's "The Boxtrolls"

Hello to those who still hang around here, despite the lack of updates...again.
Since the begining of the year, I've been really busy with my personal life, including an upcoming house move, and working on projects I won't be able to show anything from before a few more years (this is one of the thing about working in animation).
I'm so busy that I don't really have free time to draw for myself. But it will change before the end of the year, eventually. I shall then move to tumblr to keep up with the modern world.

Anyway, yesterday was released the teaser for Laika's next feature, "The Boxtrolls", on which I've worked as a character designer early on, in 2010-2011. I'll be able to show some of it after it comes out...in a year (By that time, I'll have 4 years old drawings to show...haha!).
It's been interesting to see what stayed of my work, what's gone, what changed and how it has evolved into these beautifully animated puppets that the geniuses at Laika make so well.



I can't wait to see the finished film as the story is great!
Click on the link below for the teaser.

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/theboxtrolls/

12 comments:

Kristen said...

Huge congratulations!! The trailer looks wonderful, I'm so excited to see this!

L Rossi said...

It really intrigues me! Such a quirky idea - look forward to seeing what the story is all about...
Courage pour la déménagement! n.n

Nölwenn Roberts said...

Yeay!! I've seen the trailer yesterday, it already looked really cool but now I know you've worked on it...I can't wait to see more!

Pug said...

Ca dépote !

Andrea Pucci said...

This is really nice!!!

Waymond said...

Just saw the trailer today! Immediately came to your blog to see if you updated. Can't wait to see some of your designs! Good luck with your move :)

Lau said...

felicidades, el trailer me enamoró desde el primer vistazo y ahora que me acabo de enterar que eres el diseñador de los personajes pues más todavía!!! Genial!!(congratulations, I fell in love with the trailer from the first look and now that I just found out that you are the designer of the characters as even more!!! Great!!)

CARLOS KARAN said...

oh, so that's why I love it :)
congrats!

kamoulox said...

ca defonce

Hollie said...

Cool!

Lorraine said...

Fun characters! Great work

Phantom said...

Wow, looks awesome!